UofL BASEBALL | Eight Cards Make All-Regional Team
06/06/2016 06:29 PM
Eight members of the University of Louisville baseball team made the All-Louisville Regional team after the Cards’ knocked off Wright State in Sunday’s regional final.
Here is the entire 2016 NCAA All-Louisville Regional Team
- P: Drew Harrington, Louisville
- P: Kyle Funkhouser, Louisville
- C: Will Smith, Louisville
- 1B: Danny Rosenbaum, Louisville
- 2B: Nick Solak, Louisville
- SS: Devin Hairston, Louisville
- 3B: Blake Tiberi, Louisville
- OF: Troy Montgomery, Ohio State
- OF: Ryan Fucci, Wright State
- OF: J.D. Orr, Wright State
- DH: Brendan McKay, Louisville
Brendan McKay was also named the Regional’s most outstanding player by members of the media.
One Cardinal that did not make the All-Region Team was star outfielder Corey Ray. Even though he is the highest projected draft pick on the Louisville roster, Ray did not manage a single hit against Wright State, and was only batted in two runs all weekend. When asked about Ray’s struggles in the Regional tournament, head coach Dan McDonnell said, “like a lot of super-stars, sometimes maybe you try a little too hard, and he hit some hard balls and got off to a great start, so he definitely got us going. In the first game, he led off with a hit, and he seemed like he got three or so hits that first game, and if that’s enough to help us win a regional, then that’s enough. He shouldn’t have to do it by himself.”
Below the Fold
Subscribe and get the latest Sports Night info delivered to your inbox.