The Chatter: Candidates' views and other news
07/12/2010 12:03 PM
Kentucky’s U.S Senate race continues to dominate media attention, as interest increases in the march toward the 2011 governor’s race.
- Courier-Journal political reporter Joe Gerth profiled Jack Conway’s positions, including any possible changes he’s made from his previous political races.
- Gerth, in his Monday opinion column, says problems are rising for Rand Paul with his stances on fighting drugs and farm subsides.
- Paul goes for his third heavily-publicized fund-raiser today, this time in New York with Steve Forbes.
- Outgoing Republican U.S. senator from Utah, Bob Bennett, says the tea party could cause trouble for Republicans in the fall, although that’s not necessarily the case in Kentucky.
- Herald-Leader columnist Larry Dale Keeling suggests to the Ky. GOP that a Williams-Farmer gubernatorial ticket should have Farmer on top
Below the Fold
The Chatter: Gov. Bevin's office disputes Democratic lawmaker, emails show knowledge of right-of-way issues in delayed road project
Sen. Ernst calls for more counter-terrorism efforts in Philippines, whose president intends to end U.S. relations
Subscribe and get the latest political intelligence delivered to your inbox.