The Chatter: Candidates' views and other news
07/12/2010 12:03 PM
Kentucky’s U.S Senate race continues to dominate media attention, as interest increases in the march toward the 2011 governor’s race.
- Courier-Journal political reporter Joe Gerth profiled Jack Conway’s positions, including any possible changes he’s made from his previous political races.
- Gerth, in his Monday opinion column, says problems are rising for Rand Paul with his stances on fighting drugs and farm subsides.
- Paul goes for his third heavily-publicized fund-raiser today, this time in New York with Steve Forbes.
- Outgoing Republican U.S. senator from Utah, Bob Bennett, says the tea party could cause trouble for Republicans in the fall, although that’s not necessarily the case in Kentucky.
- Herald-Leader columnist Larry Dale Keeling suggests to the Ky. GOP that a Williams-Farmer gubernatorial ticket should have Farmer on top
Below the Fold
University of Louisville placed on one-year probation by accrediting agency after Bevin reshuffles board
Gov. Matt Bevin plays prominent speaking role at first Trump "USA Thank You Tour" event in Cincinnati
Subscribe and get the latest political intelligence delivered to your inbox.