FBI Director Christopher Wray visits Louisville talks about avoiding distractions, confronting problems in the commonwealth

06/06/2018 02:52 PM

LOUISVILLE — Federal Bureau of Investigations Director Christopher Wray made a stop at the FBI’s Louisville field office on Wednesday as part of an effort to visit all of the field offices across the nation.

The director is trying to visit all 56 field offices around the country after being appointed to the post, following President Trump’s dismissal of former Director James Comey in May of last year.

Wray spoke to members of the media about his top missions for the FBI, which he said included fighting cyber threats, preventing economic espionage and confronting terrorism. Wray remarked to the media, about his message to agents with current distractions coming from the White House.

President Trump has claimed that spies from the FBI infiltrated his 2016 campaign; however, on Wednesday House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Intelligence Chair Richard Burr, both say the FBI acted accordingly in handling a confidential source, according to news reports.

In his appearance in Louisville, Wray addressed the opiate epidemic across the country and here in the commonwealth.

Wray also addressed a rise in homicides in Louisville associated with gang violence.

Comments

• Heza Putz wrote on June 06, 2018 10:33 PM :

James Comey is being exposed as a sanctimonious fraud and Andrew McCabe may end up in the pokey, so ask me why I should give a flying fig about what the new FBI Director thinks about opiates and gangs.

• I'm just saying wrote on June 07, 2018 08:35 AM :

Heza – So far the only person proven to be a liar is Führer Trump and the only people indicted are his cronies.

• I'm just saying wrote on June 07, 2018 08:35 AM :

• I'm just saying wrote on June 07, 2018 08:35 AM :

• Heza Putz wrote on June 07, 2018 09:06 AM :

Godwin’s law….I’m just sayin’

• I'm just saying wrote on June 07, 2018 12:03 PM :

In the pre-Trump I would have agreed,

TWEETS ABOUT KY POLITICS