UK FOOTBALL | Important new gameday information for fans at Commonwealth Stadium
09/04/2015 03:48 PM
LEXINGTON — The University of Kentucky football team kicks off the 2015 season Saturday night against Louisiana Lafayette, and with the Wildcats playing in a renovated Commonwealth Stadium, there will be a few new things for Big Blue Nation to expect when it arrives at the game.
Here’s a list of things to watch out for from UK Athletics:
Traffic, Shuttles, & Parking:
- Many season-ticket holders were reassigned to new lots this offseason. In each fan’s season ticket books, UK has included specific directions for each respective permit. Follow those directions and consult the pre-game traffic route diagram to get to your respective parking lots as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Fans are encouraged to display their parking permit when they leave their homes, enabling traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex.
- New Permits in 2015:
Silver – Located off Farm Road, accessible via University Drive
Arboretum – Located off Alumni Drive, accessible via Tates Creek
- Non-permit parking is available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at noon ET on Fridays. Additional non-permit parking is available in Parking Structures #2, #3 and #6.
- LexTran will not operate the UK Football Express Campus & Downtown shuttles for the 2015 season, but all regular LexTran routes will operate on game day. More information is available at LexTran’s website.
- Miller Transportation will operate campus and downtown shuttle routes independent of UK Athletics. More information is available at millertransportation.com and by calling 859.255.2707.
- As you enter/exit Commonwealth Stadium gates, be cautious of vehicle traffic in surrounding lots and follow instructions of parking lot attendants.
- Gates 4, 9, 12 and suites will open two hours prior to kickoff.
- All other public gates will open 1 ½ hours prior to kickoff.
New Carry-In Security Policy:
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium.
- Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- Questions, concerns or requests? Utilize GuestAssist for real-time guest services and assistance on game day from Commonwealth Stadium staff.
- Download the free GuestAssist app to your smartphone via the App Store or Android Marketplace, or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location.
Below the Fold
Subscribe and get the latest KSTV Sports info delivered to your inbox.