UK BASKETBALL | New roster & jersey numbers for 2015-16 season
08/29/2015 01:29 PM
LEXINGTON — The University of Kentucky men’s basketball team has released its updated roster for the upcoming 2015-16 season.
The list includes each Wildcat’s jersey number, position, class designation, and measurables.
Here’s a look at the roster from UK Athletics:
Numbers of Note:
* 1: There is only one senior on the roster, forward Alex Poythress. He could also still apply for a medical redshirt after missing most of last season with a leg injury and be eligible to return for one more year in 2016-17.
* 5-9: Sophomore point guard Tyler Ulis measures in as the shortest player on the team at a towering 5-9. The next shortest Wildcat is junior guard Dominique Hawkins at 6-0.
* 6: Six true freshmen are on the roster, including five from Scout.com’s Top-100 for the 2015 recruiting class (No. 1 Skal Labissiere, No. 12 Jamal Murray, No. 13 Isaiah Briscoe, No. 50 Isaac Humphries, and No. 80 Jamal Murray). Class of 2016 commitment Tai Wynyard (New Zealand) is also expected to join the team for the second half of the season.
* 7-0: Humphries is the tallest (7-0) and biggest (260) player on the roster.
* 12: There is no #12 on UK’s basketball roster this year. UK has won its last four titles without a #12 on the team.
* 224: Junior forward Marcus Lee is now up to 224 pounds — 24 pounds more than the mere 200 he weighed as a freshman in 2013.