The Final Word: Kentucky Football Prepares For Louisville
09/11/2013 07:20 PM
Tonight was the last time head coach Mark Stoops and the UK football team addressed the media before Saturday’s game. Here are the highlights of what they said.
- “You’ve heard me say just about every press conference that we expect both quarterbacks to play, so we’re just staying on course there.”
- “Whatever we got to do to put our players in a position to be successful, whatever we think can help us, whatever schematic advantage that will help us win, we’ll do.”
- “We can’t give them yards on routine plays.”
- “I don’t know if we need extra motivation. I think we know we are playing a good football team. We are really concentrating on ourselves and doing the best we can every week.”
- “[Bridgewater] can certainly pick you apart if you give him time.”
- “I think anytime with young people when you start having a little bit of success, you can build off of it.”
- “I think [the two quarterback system] is difficult on defense. I asked our defensive guys.”
- “Mentally, I have to be really in-tune to who’s in the football game as to what I’m calling. I probably get our game plans done earlier now, because for me, I have to practice that rotation.”
- “With our young guys, I think getting control of that game early is really beneficial.”
- “The good thing about the young guys is they don’t know any better. Last week was the first home game. The week before that was the first game ever. This is the first Louisville game. They just go with the flow.”
- “I think they know the significance of the game. People in class are talking about, but I don’t think they are going to approach the game any differently than they have. Well, they better approach it better than the first one.”
Below the Fold
Subscribe and get the latest KSTV Sports info delivered to your inbox.