NFL CATS | Johnson, Cobb shine in Week 2
09/20/2015 11:54 PM
NFL REWIND — Former Kentucky wide receiver Stevie Johnson scored a touchdown for the second consecutive game to lead another batch of impressive performances from former Wildcats in Week 2 of the 2015 NFL season.
Johnson, playing his first year with the San Diego Chargers, hauled in a 10-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Phillip Rivers in the the third quarter of the Chargers’ 24-19 road loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday. Johnson finished the game with 5 receptions for 45 yards as San Diego fell to 1-1 for the season.
Here’s a recap of other performances from former Wildcats in Week 2:
- Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: 8 catches, 117 yards in 27-17 victory vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Tim Masthay, P, Green Bay Packers: 3 punts, 46.3 yard average in 27-17 victory vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Jacob Tamme, TE, Atlanta Falcons: 4 catches, 77 yards in 24-20 victory vs. New York Giants
- Danny Trevathan, LB, Denver Broncos: 7 tackles in 31-24 victory at Kansas City Chiefs
- Avery Williamson, LB, Tennessee Titans: 6 tackles in 28-14 loss at Cleveland Browns
- Wesley Woodyard, LB, Tennessee Titans: 2 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble in 28-14 loss at Cleveland Browns
- Bud Dupree, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers: 4 tackles, 1 sack in 43-18 victory vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Za’Darius Smith, LB, Baltimore Ravens: 1 tackle in 37-33 loss at Oakland Raiders