NFL CATS | Woodyard, Williamson shine in close loss to Atlanta
10/25/2015 09:07 PM
NFL REWIND — Two former Kentucky Wildcats teamed up for 14 tackles and an interception, but it wasn’t enough to get the Tennessee Titans past Atlanta, losing 10-7 at home on Sunday afternoon.
Wesley Woodyard posted a game-high nine tackles, and Avery Williamson added another six tackles and his first career interception on a tipped pass defending fellow former Wildcat Jacob Tamme in the endzone, but the Titans’ offense could not capitalize, managing just 256 from scrimmage behind second-year quarterback Zach Mettenberger, who made his first start of the season for an injured Marcus Mariota (knee sprain).
Tamme (TE) caught three passes for 36 yards in a winning effort for the Falcons.
With the loss, Tennessee falls to 1-5 on the season and remains in last place in the AFC South Division. Atlanta improves to 6-1 and first place in the the NFC South.
Scroll below for stats from other former Wildcats during Week 7 of the NFL season:
- Stevie Johnson, WR, San Diego Chargers: 4 catches, 50 yards in 37-29 loss vs. Oakland Raiders
- Winston Guy, FS, Indianapolis Colts: 2 tackles in 27-20 loss vs. New Orleans Saints
- Bud Dupree, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers: 1 tackle, 1 pass defended in 23-13 loss at Kansas City
- Chris Matthews, WR, Seattle Seahawks: 0 catches in 20-3 victory at San Francisco
- Larry Warford, G, Detroit Lions 28-19 loss to Minnesota Vikings
- Za’Darius Smith, LB, Baltimore Ravens: Plays Monday night at Arizona Cardinals
- Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: Bye Week
- Tim Masthay, P, Green Bay Packers: Bye Week
- Danny Trevathan, LB, Denver Broncos: Bye Week
Below the Fold
Subscribe and get the latest KSTV Sports info delivered to your inbox.