NFL CATS | Williamson, Woodyard help Titans shock Saints in OT
11/08/2015 08:37 PM
NFL REWIND — It didn’t take long for the Tennessee Titans to adjust to their new head coach, going on the road to stun the New Orleans Saints in overtime, 34-28, in Mike Mularkey’s first game as interim head coach.
Tennessee overcame a 28-20 deficit in the fourth quarter to force overtime, sealing the victory on a five-yard touchdown pass from rookie quarterback Marcus Mariota to tight end Anthony Fasano with 9:50 left in the extra session.
Two former Wildcats, Avery Williamson and Wesley Woodyard, played well for the Titans’ defense. Woodyard finished with a team-high eight tackles and 1.0 sacks, with Williamson adding another seven tackles of his own.
It was the Titans’ first road win of the season and snapped a six-game losing streak that stretched back all the way to Week 2.
Tennessee fired former head coach Ken Wisenhunt earlier this week, who posted a 3-20 record in less than two seasons with the Titans.
See below how other former Wildcats performed during Week 9 of the NFL season:
- Danny Trevathan, LB, Denver Broncos: 19 tackles, 1 pass defended in 27-24 loss at Indianapolis Colts
- Winston Guy, FS, Indianapolis Colts: 27-24 victory vs. Denver Broncos
- Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: 4 catches, 99 yards, 1 touchdown in 37-29 loss at Carolina Panthers
- Tim Masthay, P, Green Bay Packers: 8 total punts (44.6 Avg.), 2 punts inside 20-yard line in 37-29 loss at Carolina Panthers
- Jacob Tamme, TE, Atlanta Falcons: 6 catches, 61 yards in 17-16 loss at San Francisco
- Bud Dupree, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers: 1 tackle, 1 sack, 1 blocked punt in 38-35 victory vs. Oakland Raiders
Monday Night Football:
- Stevie Johnson, WR, San Diego Chargers: 8:30 p.m ET vs. Chicago Bears, ESPN
- Chris Matthews, WR, Seattle Seahawks
- Cory Peters, DT, Arizona Cardinals
- Za’Darius Smith, LB, Baltimore Ravens
- Larry Warford, G, Detroit Lions