NFL CATS | Close losses, injuries plague former UK players in Week 2
09/27/2015 11:31 PM
NFL REWIND — It was a rough Sunday for former Kentucky Wildcats in the NFL with several of their teams losing in the final minutes during Week 3.
Case in Point: Tennessee
Second-year Titans linebacker Avery Williamson registered a team-high 8 tackles against the Indianapolis Colts, but Tennessee blew a 13-point fourth quarter lead to lose 35-33 in its home opener in Nashville.
Fellow Titan and former Wildcat linebacker Wesley Woodyard could only manage 1 tackle for the game as the Titans’ defense surrendered 21 points in the final quarter to seal the disappointing defeat.
Scroll below to see how other NFL Cats fared in Week 3:
- Za’Darius Smith, LB, Baltimore Ravens: 1 tackle in 28-24 loss vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- Stevie Johnson, WR, San Diego Chargers: 3 catches, 46 yards in 31-14 loss at Minnesota Vikings
- Danny Trevathan, LB, Denver Broncos: 4 tackles in 24-12 victory at Detroit Lions
- Bud Dupree, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers: 2 tackles in 12-6 victory at St. Louis Rams
- Jacob Tamme, TE, Atlanta Falcons: 1 catch, 8 yards in 39-28 victory vs. Dallas Cowboys (left in the 1st half with a concussion)
Monday Night Football: Green Bay Packers Randall Cobb (WR) and Tim Masthay (P) welcome the Kansas City Chiefs to Lambeau Field at 8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Below the Fold
Subscribe and get the latest KSTV Sports info delivered to your inbox.